Any use of this website is subject to the following disclaimers:
1. We accept no responsibility or liability for any action taken by others which is based on the information contained in this website. Any individual who takes advice from this site shall do so at their own risk, and do what is necessary to protect themselves and others from harm.
2. We are not responsible for any changes made at wildlife parks or zoos we have mentioned via PDF format. It is the user’s responsibility to contact these establishments to check for any changes prior to making commitments.
3. All of the websites we link to are not within our control, and are only provided as a service for people wishing to view the materials. The following applies to these links:
• We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content.
• Unless otherwise stated, we do not necessarily agree with the views or opinions expressed.
• Genuine Mustelids is an independent project. We are not affiliated with any developer, company or organization.
Our ‘Family of Mustelids’ pages
Due to there being so much confusion about what mustelids are, it is extremely difficult to explain their essence without… well, making things more complicated. We would prefer to be more scientifically accurate by categorizing mustelids by subfamily, but few readers would know what those subfamilies are, or which species are among them. To try to make things less complicated, if two or more species share a well-known common name, they will be placed within the same page. However, on occasion there will be exceptions due to genetic similarities.
One of our more difficult tasks is finding correct, up-to-date information about rare mustelids. Since we are not zoologists and do not have the liberty to personally study or observe every mustelid species, most of the information we provide comes from sources we believe are creditable. Since we rely on these outside sources, we cannot necessarily guarantee the accuracy of their claims. When provided, we would prefer that our sources are cited, rather than our website.
Visit our Copyright Information page for further reading on displayed content.